Enthusiast 1997 Mazda Miata MX-5 M-Edition w/Hardtop $5400 San Mateo, CA

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/1997-edition-miata-oem/6462389301.html

"For sale is my 1997 M-Edition Miata with 132k miles. This has been a great car and I’d like to see it go to a good owner.

I converted this car to a manual steering rack from a second generation Miata (with NB subframe). This is the best steering option you can get in a car well-known for its handling. The steering now has a nice weighty feel, but unlike the first generation manual steering rack, this one has a much quicker steering ratio and is a bit lighter at low speeds (so your arms don’t have to work so hard when parking). AC functionality has been retained. This is a rare swap that I have not seen anywhere else, and even rarer to have the AC still working on a manual steering equipped car.

In the last 10k miles I had all hoses in the cooling system replaced, replaced timing belt/water pump, all belts, replaced cam seals, replaced clutch slave cylinder, and more. The engine and transmission are in great shape.

Interior:
8.5/10 tan interior with the proper M-Edition wooden pieces (wooden shift knob not pictured, but I have it)
Canadian steering wheel - Nardi
Wood Shift knob - Nardi
Updated Oil pressure gauge - numerical values
Cruise control - functional
Climate controls - functional, AC is cold
Footwell lighting (currently disconnected)
Dash cluster in excellent condition, all lights working properly
Passenger side speaker is blown and could be replaced.

Exterior:
Gorgeous green exterior (original paint). I had it professionally detailed (wax+clay bar+sealant) and would rate the exterior at 8/10
The car looks great, however the clearcoat is peeling on the non-metal areas (side mirrors and the rear license-plate area)
OEM color-matched factory hard top (w/defroster and side latches) - soft top has been removed and is no longer available
Type R front and rear lips
Chaparral wheels - 15x7
Canadian DRL module

Suspension/Brakes/Drivetrain:
NB manual steering rack (quicker ratio than an NA manual rack) w/ R package tie rods
(Blown) Fat Cat re-valved Bilstein coil-overs - NB top hats, 300lb front and 220lb rear springs
Racing Beat race tubular front sway bar - 0.188" wall with SuperMiata endlinks
Racing Beat front sway bar blocks
Flyin’ Miata rear sway bar - SuperMiata endlinks
Brembo slotted rotors - all four corners
Hawk HPS brake pads - all four corners (have HP+ pads too)
Goodridge stainless brake lines
949 Racing stainless clutch line - long version
Timing at 12 degrees BTDC
Torsen differential - included in M Edition

Extras:
-Flyin’ Miata front sway bar + bushings
-spare interior pieces
-Extra valve cover for an exposed cam gear look
-extra airbox (drilled)
-complete shifter rebuild kit
-cupholder kit to replace ash tray

What needs work:
The shocks need to be replaced with new ones or coilovers. I have adjusted my asking price accordingly to reflect this.

No test drives without cash or cashier’s check in hand and proof of insurance. "

Wow – seems like a great value considering all of the upgrades. Tempting!