2000 Mercedes-Benz SL500 - 40k miles - $14,500 - Atlanta, GA

sl500
r129
under15k
m113
mercedes-benz
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007ff5d950bc58> #<Tag:0x00007ff5d950baa0> #<Tag:0x00007ff5d950b5c8> #<Tag:0x00007ff5d950b3e8> #<Tag:0x00007ff5d950b280>

This late-build R129 SL checks most of the boxes – one owner, low miles, all original, great condition – and looks spectacular in rare Slate Blue factory paint, which as a “Designo” option also includes a contrasting blue and black interior with black burled walnut trim. The only nit to pick here is that it’s not equipped with Xenon headlights, which are nice if you like to see where you’re going at night.

Offered on craigslist HERE by a private seller in the Atlanta area for $14,500, which is maybe a touch expensive but worth it I think if you want a nice R129 in an interesting color.

Yes indeed ---- a very nice looking r129. I just love these cars — they radiate legendary Mercedes DNA. I believe that the r129 just gets more striking with age. You could park this car next to any ---- and it will hold its own. It will turn heads wherever it goes ---- onlookers will sense that something special is approaching.

The interior of this car is a great color combination. The seller states that he has weather-tech mats, however, I would go with black/ white cocoa mats from Cocoa Mats Co. I have attached a picture.

As for price, I currently have a 1994 and have been looking for another one — the prices are all over the field. Specialty dealers are asking substantial prices. I usually look at Hagerty and NADA to get a rough idea.

In any case, if the car is checked out by a Mercedes expert, I don’t think one can go wrong.

• List item

+1 on the Cocomats. I’m a big fan. Black with white would look terrific. You could even do black with blue to keep the Designo theme going…

Yes — that would look fantastic

I see this vehicle has been de-listed by its author. I assume it has been sold.

Somebody got a nice one!