1997 Honda Prelude SH 1-owner, 102K miles, $5000, Turlock, CA

prelude
honda
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fc0f0f44e68> #<Tag:0x00007fc0f0f44d28>

Clean 1-owner, relatively low miles, clear title last generation unmodified Prelude.

This one is the SH with Honda’s Active Torque Transfer System (ATTS) that used computer-controlled clutches to distribute torque to the outside drive wheel during cornering.

Sprightly performance with its 200hp H22A engine. Voted best handing car under $30K by Car and Driver: https://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/honda-prelude-sh-page-10

https://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/d/1997-honda-prelude-sh-low/6517916502.html

"1997 Honda Prelude Type SH ($3500 OBO)

102,600 original miles. Timing belt and water pump replaced at 78k miles. Car has been well-maintained. I am the original owner and have most service records going back ~20 years (with some gaps).

THE GOOD

Car is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition, with just some minor dings and scratches. I’ve tried to capture any cosmetic issues in the photos shown here, so there won’t be any surprises. The worst of the cosmetic issues is the scrape on the left of the rear bumper. As you can see from the photos, it’s just a small scrape, but I wanted to provide full disclosure. For a vehicle of this age, the car is still in gorgeous condition.

The car has been garaged or stored in covered parking its entire life. That’s why the paint and finish are in such great condition (no oxidation). The tires have good amount of wear remaining and I also just installed a brand new battery. The interior is excellent (although the OEM floor mat on the driver’s side is pretty worn). The heater blows hot and a/c blows cold. Car was just smogged on Feb 25, the title is completely clean (no accidents, salvage, etc.), and the current registration runs through July. I also have a CarFax report that I can provide, which shows the clean vehicle history.

THE BAD

The SRS light is on. It’s been that way for years and I’m not sure what the problem is. This does not affect emissions or smog certification and it is not related to any mechanical problem. The SRS light just means something is not being detected correctly in the supplementary restraint system (airbags/seatbelts). I had the diagnostic code pulled / inspected many years ago, but there was no clear explanation. The only other issue is with the windshield wipers, which don’t spray. The wipers work fine, but the mister/sprayer doesn’t spray the washer fluid. I’m not sure if it’s just a clogged nozzle or what (and, yes, the reservoir is full).

That’s it. Besides those two things, everything else works well and the car motors and drives beautifully. This car is my baby and I’m only selling it because my wife doesn’t drive manual. This Prelude has been sitting idle for a while now (thus the dead battery, which I just replaced) and even before, it was only lightly driven (thus the relatively low mileage).

EXTRAS

I’m also including a OEM full nose cap (bra), which is difficult to find nowadays. It’s in great condition. I used it only the first year I had the car. Since then, it’s been stored away in its carrying case.

The car also has an after market (Alpine) alarm/keyless entry system installed, but I deactivated it years ago. The alarm remotes are dead and replacements are no longer available. I’ll include the alarm control unit and key fobs though, in case the buyer decides to hunt down replacements and reactivate the system.
209 4862144"