1987 Pontiac Fiero GT 36k original miles, $6300

pontiac
coupe
fiero
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f5227b3ea90> #<Tag:0x00007f5227b3e950> #<Tag:0x00007f5227b3e7e8>

One of the cleanest Fiero I’ve ever seen and rightfully so with only 36k original miles. A great example of a not too desirable or collectable sports car (at least for now). Paint is faded on the spoiler and looks a bit dull on certain panels. Interior looks absolutely mint. A cool buy at just $6300 for nostalgia-sake if you’ve ever wanted a Fiero in your life.

"1987 Pontiac Fiero GT with only 36,565 Original Miles. It has a 2.8 Liter V-6 mid-engine, Automatic Transmission, removable sunroof with sunshade, power door locks, power windows, air conditioning, power sport mirrors, European Suede Bucket Seats, Cruise control, and original cast aluminum wheels. It also has the original front end bra and never used original car mats. It runs great and has no leaks.

My mom was the original owner of the vehicle. I have the original window sticker, the manuals, and her original sales contract, (her last name is the same as mine). I have approximately 100 service receipts since 1987 in dated order which document the mileage. She did not drive much and when she could no longer drive she transferred the pink slip to me in 2008. I basically just drove it enough to keep the battery charged and get smog checks to keep it registered. It is currently registered till 11/02/2019.

Recent service includes: 1/29/2017 four new Goodyear tires. On 8/16/2017 the vehicle received new spark plugs, spark wire set, distributor, and fuel filter. On 11/1/2017, the water pump, thermostat, belts, and the temperature coolant sensor were replaced. On 11/27/2017 a new battery was installed.

Fiero GT(s) with this low mileage are currently selling for $10,000 to $12,500.

Will sell for cash only, those with counterfeit checks or raised money orders need not reply. We can meet at the Seal Beach PD lobby to do the transaction; it is less than a mile from our house. "

VIN: 1GP2PG1193HP21013

3 Likes

An interesting find. I agree ---- not too desirable or collectable at this moment. Perhaps a “sleeper.” Reminds me of the Reatta

1 Like

Good example. Totally forgot about the Reatta but it does look pretty handsome in that photo.

1 Like

Is it just one? Normally these things always sell as a set. Where I live if someone has one Fiero, they have another one or two laying around their yard somewhere.

2 Likes

Hahah, well you do need parts cars.

1 Like

Speaking of the Buick Reatta, here’s a nice one I found:

1 Like

Nice find. That dash screen is an interesting artifact. Reminds me of my first laptop which had a green screen…

2 Likes

Buick, of all carmakers, introduced the touch screen infotainment system some two decades before it was adopted by the industry at large. The Reatta was the second car to get it – the first was seen in Buick’s redesigned, downsized '86 Riviera. Here’s a page from the '86 Riviera brochure (sorry it’s the Canadian version hence the French).

1 Like

Wow – I wasn’t picking up that it’s not just a screen but actually a functioning touchscreen. That is pretty incredible for a 1980s car. Almost Lagonda territory!

0 Likes

Date on that screen says Jan 1st 1988.

Maybe it’s not Y2K compliant.

0 Likes

Ha – good catch. Perhaps it was hard to imagine the car would still be running ten years later?

2 Likes

Ouch, that’s a burn to the Reatta.

2 Likes