1984 Porsche 928 $11900

porsche
sports-car
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f5229fe5a38> #<Tag:0x00007f5229fe5560> #<Tag:0x00007f5229fe53d0>

Not concours level but neither is the price. What makes this 928 more desirable is the 5 speed manual transaxle. Most examples on the market are equipped with the automatic. Looks fairly clean and has recent work done. Shame about the odometer issue and probably requires more looking into. Perhaps roll the current odo back to ~120k as listed on the Carfax report? Seems like a good value for a driver quality 928.

"Yes. I still have it. I will delete the ad once it’s sold.
Please do not contact me to help me sell.

1984 Porsche 928 928S
The car runs great.
SMOG done 03/02/19
Clean title in my name
I’ve added a few more pics as requested.

4.7 V8 all aluminum (This is the last of the non interference motor, meaning the valves will not hit the pistons if the timing belt lets go)
Timing belt done about 5000 miles ago

Here’s what was replaced in 2018-19
New tires (Pirelli P7)
New fuel damper (100 miles ago)
New fuel injectors (3 months ago)
New rubber fuel lines (3 months ago)
New alternator
Battery is about 18 months old

Basics
5 speed manual trans (factory Dog Leg shift pattern)
Interior is in good condition, very good for it’s age. (35 years)
All gauges work
All lights work
Power leather seats work (Black). Carpet and mats are in very good to excellent condition.
Power windows work
Aftermarket Blaupunkt radio
I also have an original Blaupunkt with amp which was removed from an 84 911 we used to own. This can be worked into the deal but you must remind me (It’s among my parts and not in the car)

Exterior black paint is in good condition but does have flaws.
It has had one repaint
There are a few small dents and dings
Wheels have some scratches

The car runs and drives great. It’s quieter on the freeway then my wife’s 911. Shift thru all gears smoothly. Clutch is light and smooth. I drive it to work (20 miles) at least once a week… It’s a blast to drive with a perfect 50/50 balance that ONLY the manual 928’s have.

Steering (power) is very tight as steers as it should.
Brakes work great. Recently flushed
Odometer was replaced at some point and is not actual mileage. I do have the CarFax which shows approx 120K miles on the car.

I also have the full set of Porsche Tech books AND the factory fender covers to keep your mechanic from denting the aluminum fenders when they work on it.

I’m open to offers AFTER we’ve at least spoken on the phone. I will not reply to text or email offers otherwise.
I will not reply to “Do you still have it?” type texts/emails.

Current tags and insurance.

Asking $11900 OBO
Please do NOT make an offer without at least talking to me on the phone first.

Please call, text, or email me for additional info, more pics, or to come see it. I’m in Simi Valley about 5 min from the center of the circle in this listing."

2 Likes